Service Director - Finance (Section 151 Officer)
Share this role
- Kirklees Council
- Up to £103,353
- Closing date:
- 3rd January
- Job Ref:
We are Kirklees… are you?
Kirklees is firmly focused on the future. Our vision is to create a district with a strong, sustainable economy that offers a great quality of life to its residents – leading to thriving communities, growing businesses and high prosperity. Our workforce continues to rise to the challenge, and we are incredibly proud of what we have achieved. Our people are what make Kirklees a great place to live, work and do business.
There has never been a more exciting time to join us as a member of our senior leadership team: we have huge ambitions for our organisation, partnerships, our people and communities, and we want you to play a part in this. We see opportunities not challenges. We need exceptional, innovative leaders to play their part in leading the Council into the next phase of the Borough’s transformation. There is no doubt that the future is financially challenging, but we approach this with determination and pragmatism. You will work closely with Elected Members and the senior officers to develop and implement our long-term financial strategy to meet our strategic objectives and ambitions, whilst ensuring effective
financial control, value for money and probity.
This is a rewarding opportunity to join us and showcase your talent, creativity and determination to deliver excellent services for the community we serve. We are looking for a creative, people centred senior leader with a strong finance
leadership background to join us and build on our great work to date.
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email email@example.com
The following consultants are managing this role and will be happy to answer any questions that are not covered in the person specification on the next webpage.
- Gary Evans
- 07809 195 593
- Tim Hills
- 07393 011 130